Back to: Research
Submitting a Grant Application: Contacting People for Help
You may find it helpful to discuss your proposed research with an NCCAM staff member in the Division of Extramural Research prior to submitting a grant application. Each program staff member is responsible for coordinating different scientific research portfolios.
If you have general questions about NCCAM, please contact the NCCAM Clearinghouse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On this page:
Please contact only one program staff member.
By CAM Domains
|Biologically Based Practices||Carol Pontzer, Ph.D.|
|Energy Medicine||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Manipulative and Body-Based Practices||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Mind-Body Medicine||Deborah Hayes, M.S.|
|Whole Medical Systems: Alaskan and Native American||Sheila Caldwell, Ph.D.|
|Whole Medical Systems: Homeopathy, Ayurveda||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Whole Medical Systems: Traditional Chinese Medicine||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Whole Medical Systems: Naturopathy||Laura Moen, Ph.D.|
By Specific Funding Mechanism 1
|Academic Research Awards (AREA)||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Career Awards (K)||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Conference Grants (R13 and U13)||Barbara C. Sorkin, Ph.D.|
|Exploratory/Developmental (R21 - basic and preclinical)||Amanda Trayer, M.S.|
|Exploratory/Developmental (R21 - clinical)||April Bower, R.N., M.S.|
|Fellowships and Training Grants (F and T)||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Loan Repayment Program||Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.|
|Small Business Research (SBIR and STTR)||Carol Pontzer, Ph.D.|
1 For descriptions of all award mechanisms, see Types of NCCAM Grants.
By Contact Person
April Bower, R.N., M.S.
- Cardiovascular (clinical)
- Exploratory/Developmental (R21 - clinical)
Sheila Caldwell, Ph.D.
- Health Disparities
- Reproductive Science
- Whole Medical Systems: Alaskan and Native American
Linda C. Duffy, Ph.D.
- Liver: Clinical Research
- Probiotics: Clinical Research
Deborah Hayes, M.S.
- International Health Research
- Mind-Body Medicine
Partap Khalsa, D.C., Ph.D.
- Academic Research Awards (AREA)
- Bone, Muscle, Connective Tissue, and Skin
- Career Awards (K)
- Energy Medicine
- Fellowships and Training Grants (F and T)
- Loan Repayment Program
- Manipulative and Body-Based Practices
- Sensory Systems
- Whole Medical Systems: Homeopathy, Ayurveda
- Whole Medical Systems: Traditional Chinese Medicine
Laura Moen, Ph.D.
- Cardiovascular (Preclinical)
- Diabetes (Type II)/Endocrinology/Metabolic Syndrome
- Drug Interactions
- Liver: Basic and Preclinical Research
- Renal and Urological
- Whole Medical Systems: Naturopathy
Richard Nahin, Ph.D.
- Health Services Research
- Mental Health
- Psychological and Psychiatric Sciences
Carol Pontzer, Ph.D.
- AIDS and AIDS-Related Research
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Biologically Based Practices
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- Ethnobotany and Ethnomedicine
- Lung Diseases
- Microbiology and Infectious Diseases
- Probiotics: Basic Research
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Small Business Research (SBIR and STTR)
Barbara C. Sorkin, Ph.D.
- Conference Grants (R13 and U13)
- Sleep Disorders
Amanda Trayer, M.S.
- Exploratory/Developmental (R21 - basic and preclinical)