Select the button
from the top button bar to view a table of previous searches (at
least one search must be completed for the button to be active).
Search History allows the user to re-execute or edit
any previous search performed in the current session.
The Search History display has four columns:
- Select to Edit - searches are listed in the order entered,
most recent first; select a number to edit search terms, reset
- Hits - always says Index Browse. These searches
are set to "browse" the catalog, rather than return a distinct
set of records that match the search.
- Type of Search - the search method used (e.g., Subject
Authority Headings, Name Authority Headings, etc.)
shown as a hypertext link; select to re-execute the search
- Search Query - the word or phrase searched shown as a
hypertext link; select to re-execute the search
Search History Tips:
- Select the hyperlinked text in the Type of Search
or Search Query columns to re-execute the
- Select the number in the Select to Edit column
to edit the search on the search method screen originally
- Select ,
located on button bar at the top of the screen, to clear
the Search History. In addition, if the session times
out, the Search History will also be cleared.
to search again without clearing the Search History.
Use the browser's [Back] button to exit help and resume
>>Top of Page