Do I Qualify for Assistance?

First and foremost, to qualify for assistance, your losses must have occurred in an area covered by a disaster declaration.

Secondly, if you have insurance, you must file a claim with your insurance company.

Two types of disaster assistance, "Housing Needs" and "Other than Housing Needs", are available to individuals, families and businesses in an area whose property has been damaged or destroyed and whose losses are not covered by insurance.

Last Modified: Thursday, 30-Mar-2006 10:41:54 EST