If you are with an organization, this page will help you ensure your organization's volunteer opportunities are available on the USA Freedom Corps Volunteer Network. Having your volunteer opportunities posted has several benefits:
- Your volunteer opportunities will become part of a larger network that receives considerable exposure that most organizations find difficult to generate on their own;
- Recruiting volunteers online will extend and complement your current outreach efforts;
- Millions of individuals interested in responding to the President's call to service can find your opportunities by simply specifying area of interest, zip code or state; and
- Online tracking of matches of individuals with volunteer opportunities can help you with managing and even training volunteers.
In order have your opportunities become part of the USA Freedom Corps Volunteer Network, you will need to post them with at one of the Volunteer Network partner organizations listed below. There is no cost to have your volunteer opportunities posted. Once you post, your volunteer opportunities will appear on the USA Freedom Corps Volunteer Network in one business day. Click here for quick tips on posting.
You can also post your volunteer opportunities with federal agencies that provide funding and support. Learn how:
Finally, if you are with a federal, government or state agency and would like to have your volunteer opportunities become part of the USA Freedom Corps Volunteer Network. Learn how:
Quick Tips for Posting
Please think about posting opportunities for virtual volunteers to help with activities that don't require face-to-face tasks such as grant writing, research, and fundraising. Virtual volunteers can share their work electronically.
When you post opportunities, remember that potential volunteers will be looking for:
- a specific title
- a detailed description of the opportunity and what is expected of the volunteer
- accurate date and time information where appropriate
- an up-to-date contact e-mail address