"Get Involved" is a national awareness and recruitment campaign aimed at the nation’s 77 million baby boomers. Launched in December 2005 by the Corporation for National and Community Service, in collaboration with America’s nonprofit community and private-sector organizations that share a commitment to civic responsibility, the campaign features bilingual newspaper, magazine, radio and television public service announcements (PSAs).
Through the PSAs and earned media publicity, boomers are directed to call toll-free 1-800-424-8867 or visit our http://www.getinvolved.gov to find volunteer and community service opportunities that best fit their needs and experience.
- Increase number of boomers engaged in volunteer service across the country.
- Educate boomers on the health and social benefits of volunteering, as well as the opportunities available that best suit their lifestyle, interests, and expertise
- Stimulate a public dialogue about the meaning and purpose of life after retirement.
- Encourage all sectors — nonprofit, business, and government — to take actions to support greater involvement of boomers in volunteering.
- Direct interested boomers to find volunteer opportunities at http://www.getinvolved.gov.
Baby Boomers Defined
- 77 million boomers, born between 1946 and 1964, currently live in the United States,
- The first boomers will turn 60 in 2006.
- This is the first time in American history where so many people are arriving en masse at this stage in life.
- Boomers represent 27.5 percent of the United States population
- A baby boomer turns 60 every 7 seconds.
Visit http://www.getinvolved.gov today!