Skip repetitive navigational  links
L-Soft - Home of  the LISTSERV mailing list manager LISTSERV(R) 14.5
Skip repetitive navigational links
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004)Back to main GPO-FDLP-L pageJoin or leave GPO-FDLP-LReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional fontLog in
Date:         Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:28:58 -0400
From:         FDLP Listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      Invitation to Meeting with Directors of Depository Libraries at A
              LA

I have sent a letter of invitation to each of your directors, asking them to join me for a meeting on the future of the FDLP during the ALA meeting in Orlando. The meeting will be a brown bag lunch from 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. in Ballroom C at the Renaissance Orlando Resort (the room will be available from 11:30 a.m. on). I have also sent a letter to each of you (the text is provided below). I am asking that you personally invite your director if he or she will be in Orlando and then accompany your director to the meeting. Your director can designate a senior staff member to accompany you if he or she is unavailable. We hosted a meeting for directors at the Depository Library Council meeting in St. Louis. About 40 directors were able to attend and the feedback from the directors was very positive. The St. Louis meeting was for directors only. I am trying a different format for this one and asking that you bring your director to the meeting, so you will have the opportunity to discuss the issues with me and with one another. (We will probably try other formats at future meetings. I would welcome your suggestions for alternative formats.) Because the purpose of the meeting is to provide an opportunity for me to speak with and listen to your directors, I ask that you attend ONLY if you are accompanied by your library director (or a designated senior staff substitute). That provides an incentive for you to get them to come. Although an RSVP is not required, it would help me to know if you and your director are attending, so I can estimate the size of the audience. If you have any questions, please let me know. I hope to see you -- and your director -- in Orlando. Judy Judith C. Russell ([log in to unmask]) Managing Director, Information Dissemination (Superintendent of Documents) U.S. Government Printing Office Phone: 202-512-0571 Fax: 202-512-1434 * * * * * I would like to invite you to accompany your director to a special meeting of depository library directors at the annual conference of the American Library Association in Orlando, Florida, next month. ALA's Government Documents Roundtable has kindly allotted time for a discussion of the future of the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) on Sunday, June 27, from 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., at the Renaissance Orlando Resort, in Ballroom C. (The room will be open at 11:30 a.m. and the meeting will convene at 12 noon, so please bring a brown bag lunch and join us.) I am sending your director a separate letter of invitation, encouraging him or her to attend and to bring you along. As the purpose of the meeting is to speak with directors, I must ask that you attend only in the company of your library director (or a designated senior staff substitute). I will speak briefly and then use the remainder of the time to answer the directors' questions and listen to their concerns and recommendations. I am enclosing, and also sending your director, the recommended reading list for information sources covering the current issues concerning the FDLP. Please bring any specific items on the list that you believe would be of interest to your director to his or her attention. GPO staff will be displaying U.S. government information resources and services at the GPO Booth (#1269). I hope you will be able to visit it and talk with the GPO staff there. . I look forward to seeing you in Orlando. Sincerely,

[text/html]