Casework - Home

As a United States Senator, I am pleased to be in the position to help you interact with the various departments and agencies of the federal government.  Being responsive and helpful to constituents who have difficulties with the federal bureaucracy is a long-standing tradition that I am proud to continue. 

This section of my web site is designed to help facilitate that process and to answer many commonly asked questions.


If you are an Alabama resident and are having problems with a federal agency, please contact my local office in your region. For your convenience, a complete list of Alabama counties and the nearest regional office can be found below.

Under the provisions of the Privacy Act of 1974, my office must have formal written authorization from you before making an inquiry to a federal agency on your behalf. This law was enacted to prevent the unauthorized disclosure of personal information.

To improve our ability to assist you, please fill out the privacy release form below.

Please chose one of the following versions of the Privacy Release Form:
Adobe Acrobat | Corel WordPerfect | Micorsoft Word | HTML Version

Once you have completed this form, please submit it to the nearest regional office with a detailed letter describing your problem, the government agency involved, and any other pertinent information related to your case. In order to assist you, your letter must include your Social Security number and signature.

Please note that inquiries regarding military service must be written and signed by the servicemember requesting assistance.  A letter signed by a parent, spouse, or close friend is not sufficient. 

State Government Issues

As a federal legislator, I have no authority to intervene in matters that fall under the sole jurisdiction of the State of Alabama.  (Some examples of state matters include food stamps, child support, insurance regulation, and direct oversight of utilities.)  The governor's office or your state representative is better positioned to assist you in these matters. 

A complete listing of state agencies and contact information is available at http://www.alabama.gov/.

Additionally, the rules of the Senate prevent me from directly intervening in any pending legal action, court proceeding, or appeal.  If you seek assistance with a legal matter, please consider contacting the Attorney General for the State of Alabama, the United States Department of Justice, or an attorney in your area. 


Please send your privacy release form and letter via U.S. mail to the office that represents your county, listed below for your convenience.

Calhoun, Cherokee, Cleburne, Colbert, Cullman, DeKalb, Etowah, Franklin, Jackson, Lauderdale, Lawrence, Limestone, Madison, Marion, Marshall and Winston:  Huntsville

Office of Senator Jeff Sessions
AmSouth Center, Suite 802
200 Clinton Avenue, NW
Huntsville, Alabama 35801-4932






Bibb, Blount, Chambers, Chilton, Clay, Coosa, Fayette, Jefferson, Lamar, Pickens, Randolph, St. Clair, Shelby, Talladega, Tallapoosa, Tuscaloosa, and Walker: Bham

Office of Senator Jeff Sessions
341 Vance Federal Building
1800 Fifth Avenue, North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203-2171






Baldwin, Clarke, Escambia, Greene, Hale, Marengo, Mobile, Monroe, Sumter, Washington and Wilcox: Mobile

Office of Senator Jeff Sessions
41 West I-65 Service Road North, Suite 2300-A
Mobile, Alabama 36608-1291






Autauga, Barbour, Bullock, Butler, Coffee, Conecuh, Covington, Crenshaw, Dale, Dallas, Elmore, Geneva, Henry, Houston, Lee, Lowndes, Macon, Perry, Pike and Russell: Montgomery

Office of Senator Jeff Sessions
7550 Halcyon Summit Drive, Suite 150
Montgomery, Alabama 36117




















Casework Topics:

Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) Assistance:
Get Adobe Reader Adobe Acrobat Reader is free software that lets you view and print Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to view the files above.
Click Here to download Adobe Acrobat Reader