Does your organization have a compelling story to tell? Do you want to connect with your supporters, volunteers, and donors but don't have the funds to launch expensive outreach campaigns?
YouTube can help.
Video is a powerful way to show your organization's impact and needs, and with a designated "Nonprofit" channel on YouTube, you can deliver your message to the world's largest online video community.
The Nonprofit program is currently only available in the United States and the United Kingdom—choose from the list below to see the requirements for that country. We are continuing to expand the program, so please do check back to see if other countries have been added.
- Premium branding capabilities and increased uploading capacity
- The option to drive fundraising through a Google Checkout "Donate" button
- Listing on the Nonprofit channels and the Nonprofit videos pages
Tips and Tricks
- Read our Nonprofit Tipsheet for more information about how to use your YouTube channel.
- Find out how to run video campaigns on YouTube.
- Get advice about making and editing videos without a lot of staff or money.
- To learn how to use free Google tools to promote your work, raise money, and operate more efficiently, go to http://www.google.com/nonprofits
Organizations applying for the Nonprofit program must meet the following criteria.
- Organizations must be U.S.-based nonprofits with IRS 501(c)(3) tax status
- May not be religious or political in nature
- May not be focused primarily on lobbying for political or policy change
- Commercial organizations, credit-counseling services, donation middleman services, fee-based organizations, and nonprofit portals are not eligible for the program
Some of our participating partners:
The ONE Campaign
24 Hours for Darfur
Ed in '08
92nd Street Y
Play Pumps International
Pulitzer Center on Crisis Reporting