Content Identification and Management System (Content ID)
Monetize, Track, or Block Your Content—It's Automated, and It's Free
What is YouTube Content ID?
YouTube's unprecedented technology lets rights owners:
- Identify user-uploaded videos comprised entirely OR partially of their content, and
- Choose, in advance, what you want to happen when those videos are found. Make money from them. Get stats on them. Or Block them.
It's up to you.
How does Content ID work?
You give us reference files (video or audio) of content you own, plus some data describing it.
We compare videos uploaded to YouTube against those reference files.
Our technology automatically identifies your content and applies your preferred policy: monetize, track, or block.
Why use Content ID?
- Competitive Advantage. Hundreds of media companies have signed up already, multiplying their inventory of monetizeable videos.
- Fan Interaction. Turn your fans into marketers and distributors of your content—while letting them interact with their favorite content.
- Reduce Infringement. Educate your fans about your copyright preferences and prevent your content from being distributed on YouTube without your permission.
- Fully Automated. Once you're set up, Content ID identifies, claims, and applies policies to YouTube videos for you.
- Market Data. Access snapshots of your content profile on YouTube, anytime. See how your videos are performing, monetizing, being blocked—at a glance.
Who should not use Content ID?
This program is designed for Rights Owners of content uploaded by the user community. If no one is uploading content you own, you don't need this program.
How do I sign up?
If this program sounds like something for you, tell us more about yourself on our Content ID signup page. You can learn more about YouTube Content ID by watching the video in the sidebar above.