[Acoustics] Replacing filtered ADV data

David Velasco dvelasco at sontek.com
Fri May 30 11:04:09 CDT 2008

Keith

The US Geological Survey has created a software for processing data from
SonTek's Hydra ADV's, which are the autonomous versions of the ADV.  The
software is MATLAB-based and is called HydraTools.  You can get it here:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2005/1026.  The Hydra data structure is
different than the structure of data collected by a RealTime (e.g. lab)
ADV, so you cannot pump your data (.adv files) through HydraTools
directly, but perhaps you can learn some tips from how they do it and
then apply to your data--they do have data flagging and removal
routines, but I'm not sure if they do interpolation.

Good luck,

-Dave

David W. Velasco
SonTek/YSI, Inc.