is the professional home for health services researchers, policy analysts,
and practitioners, and a leading, non-partisan resource for the best in
health research and policy. AcademyHealth promotes interaction across
the health research and policy arenas by bringing together a broad spectrum
of players to share their perspectives, learn from each other, and strengthen
their working relationships.
is health services research?
national scientific and health policy conferences;
public and private policymakers transform research and policy into workable
policymakers, researchers, government officials, and business leaders;
vital information through research syntheses, special reports and findings,
newsletters, and our Web site;
major programs that serve the research community, health policy leaders,
and business and government decision makers; and
for health services research through its Coalition for Health Services
As the professional
society for 4,000 individuals and 125 affiliated organizations throughout
the United States and abroad, AcademyHealth fosters networking and professional
growth among a diverse membership composed of public policymakers, business
decision makers, health services researchers, policy analysts, economists,
sociologists, political scientists, consultants, clinicians, and students.
As the preeminent professional society for health services researchers and health policy analysts, AcademyHealth collaborates with the health services research community and other key stakeholders to:
- Support the development of health services research by:
- Expanding and improving the scientific basis of the field;
- Increasing the capabilities and skills of researchers; and
- Promoting the development of the necessary financial, human, infrastructure, and data resources.
- Facilitate the use of the best available research and information by:
- Translating research findings and the lessons of experience into useful information for clinical, management, and policy decisions; and
- Enhancing communication and interaction between health services researchers and health policymakers.
- Assist health policy and practice leaders in addressing major health challenges by:
- Providing high quality policy and technical assistance;
- Offering educational programs that advance the use of policy analysis and research; and
- Identifying areas where additional research and information are needed.
AcademyHealth seeks to improve health and health care by generating new knowledge and moving knowledge into action.
AcademyHealth Methods Council was created to assist AcademyHealth in developing strategies for professional development in health services research (HSR) methods.