spacer image for formatting
FAQ Log in spacer image for formatting
Search Profile spacer image for formatting
Memberlist Usergroups spacer image for formatting
Register spacer image for formatting
top border image
spacer image for formatting
Problem with qview/isis Qt libs
Isis Support Center Forum Index » Isis 3 Support » Problem with qview/isis Qt libs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akser25
Horus (New Member)
Horus (New Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Problem with qview/isis Qt libs

Hello,
I work at LROC, ASU under the supervision of Nick Avlonitis. We are trying to fix a problem with Qview (in ISIS 3.1.16/17), but have hit a deadend and unable to move further. I would appreciate your help in this matter.

The problem that we are having is that Qview (or any other application with GUI interface from the isis bin folder) doesn't seem to get stretched beyond a particular size on a 9-screen display that we use. Although it doesn't crash, it freezes if stretched beyond this point. Stretching it back to a smaller size, get's it working again.

I went through the code for Qview and its objects and I don't see a problem with it as far as resizing is concerned (resizing being handled by the QWidget class of the Qt library). Hence, one of the ways to confirm that the problem is indeed with Isis's Qt libs is by trying to run Qview with a different version of Qt or even a local build of the same version of Qt.

I tried to replace the libQtxxx.so.4.4.1 files (in the 3rd Party/lib folder) with copies of same files (which I found in an older 3.1.17 isis build). But, it's giving me the following error -

bash-3.2$ ./qview
./qview: error while loading shared libraries: libQtNetwork.so.4: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32

Both of these isis 3.1.17 releases (one downloaded today and one about 3 months back) are 64-bit versions run on Linux x86_64 architecture. While they work fine when run with their own 3rd Party libs, but as mentioned above, if the new ones are replaced with the 3-month older ones, it causes the above error.

I assume that Qt is being customized for ISIS. Is that correct? Because, other non-isis Qt widget applications seem to stretch just fine.
If not, is there a way that I can make Qview use my own Qt libs?

Thanks a lot for your time.
Amit
 Back to top »
spacer image
cartrite
Ra (Power Member)
Ra (Power Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject:

I never tried to replace the 3rdParty libs with the 3month old libs that came with the older version of 3.1.17, so I can't say anything there as to why they cause an error for you. But I have replaced the QT4 libs with QT4 libs I built myself without any problems. In fact they fixed the problems I was having with the original QT4 libs. There are 20 files to replace. Here is the list of the files I replaced.

Quote:
libQtCore.so
libQtCore.so.4
libQtCore.so.4.4
libQtCore.so.4.4.1
libQtCore.so.4.4.1.debug
libQtGui.so
libQtGui.so.4
libQtGui.so.4.4
libQtGui.so.4.4.1
libQtGui.so.4.4.1.debug
libQtNetwork.so
libQtNetwork.so.4
libQtNetwork.so.4.4
libQtNetwork.so.4.4.1
libQtNetwork.so.4.4.1.debug
libQtSql.so
libQtSql.so.4
libQtSql.so.4.4
libQtSql.so.4.4.1
libQtSql.so.4.4.1.debug

See here for more info.
http://isis.astrogeology.usgs.gov/IsisSupport/viewtopic.php?p=6715#6715
I am also running Linux x86_64 and I am having problems with versions of QT4 greater than or equal to QT4.4.0. I've replaced the above 20 files with 4.3.5 version of the files.

Note: I never had any problems running qview with any of the libs I used. In fact, qview and qnet were the only programs that worked with the original libs.

cartrite

spacer image
akser25
Horus (New Member)
Horus (New Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject:

Actually, qview and qnet do work on my system. They cause a problem only when I try to stretch them beyond a certain size (when spanned across approx. 2x2 of the 3x3 screen arrangement).

I will try out your suggestion of using qt4.3.5 and see if it works for me.
 Back to top »
spacer image
cartrite
Ra (Power Member)
Ra (Power Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject:

akser25 wrote:
Actually, qview and qnet do work on my system. They cause a problem only when I try to stretch them beyond a certain size (when spanned across approx. 2x2 of the 3x3 screen arrangement).

I will try out your suggestion of using qt4.3.5 and see if it works for me.
Since you are not having the problems that I'm having, you could probably use the latest QT which is version 4.4.3.

I assume that you were able to stretch beyond that size before. If that is the case, it may not be QT.

I can use QT4.4.3 but only if I UNSET SESSION_MANAGER and that tends to corrupt my directory views in the GUI's. So we have different problems here. But I am trying to point out that you should be able to replace those 20 files to try a different version of QT. I seem to be able to use any version I want. But I'm not trying to stretch the display across multiple screens.
cartrite

spacer image
akser25
Horus (New Member)
Horus (New Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I tried using 4.4.3 and now I don't get the aforementioned error. But, the stretching problem still persists.

Now that it works with a different Qt, we are really unsure if it's the Qt that's causing the problem or if there's something in ISIS.

Anyone ever tried using ISIS apps on multiple screens?
 Back to top »
spacer image
cartrite
Ra (Power Member)
Ra (Power Member)

mini post alt: Post Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject:

I never have. I'm not sure how to even do this. But it seems that it would have something to do with the graphics processing unit and how it is set up.
For example: Multi display mode and each with a virtual display bigger then the actual screen?
Did this work with older versions of ISIS?

cartrite

spacer image
Isis Support Center Forum Index » Isis 3 Support » Problem with qview/isis Qt libs
post new topic: Post new topic   post reply: Reply to topic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: