[NIFL-FOBASICS:190] Re: Topics

From: Gina Massoni (literacy@webmail.bmi.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 14:50:55 EST

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 14:50:55 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Gina Massoni" <literacy@webmail.bmi.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:190] Re: Topics

How about?:
* stuff on professional development - what's valuable to do for people who
didn't get a degree in adult education before starting to work in adult
literacy, what is it we are supposed to know
* math instruction
* incorporating technology - reviews of adult learning software (ELLIS is
one), how lab set-ups help or hinder learning, what supports are needed,
what should be taught
* learning capacity - esp. what is appropriate for students who were in
special education in high school and now come to ask for help from adult
literacy programs / classes

Gina Massoni
Literacy Coordinator
Blue Mountain Action Council