[NIFL-FOBASICS:43] Introduction

From: Susan Gaer (sgaer@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 10:28:15 EST

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:28:15 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Susan  Gaer <sgaer@earthlink.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:43] Introduction

Hi! My name is Susan Gaer and I wrote one of the PBL articles in the last
issue. I teach low beginning/literacy ESOL at Santa Ana College, School of
Continuing Education, and an intermediate computer and writing class where
we try and publish the school newspaper.

 In my low beginning class I try and gear projects toward the textbook.
Students have written their family story, done comparison shopping at the
supermarket during the food unit and will be writing a story about their
jobs soon. Students pick the mini projects that they like and they learn
how to keep their best work in a portfolio which is then carried to the
next teacher when they are advanced.

I love teaching!

--

---------