[NIFL-WOMENLIT:2730] Violence resources

From: mev@litwomen.org
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 07:18:13 EDT

Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 07:18:13 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "mev@litwomen.org" <mev@litwomen.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:2730] Violence resources

This seems like a good time for me to mention some of the resources
available at WE LEARN
(www.litwomen.org/welearn.html)

The Resource List of reading materials for women learners includes
several titles addressing violence. You can find it at:
http://www.litwomen.org/learnmats/issues.html#violence

Take on the Challenge can be found on the list of resources for
educators under curriculum located at:
http://www.litwomen.org/learnmats/educ.html

I would also like to direct your attention to the educators page as
well...
http://www.litwomen.org/educ.html

I'm in the process of updating the WE LEARN site, adding new resources,
and writing a newsletter -- all of which I hope to have finished by
mid-October. I plan to add a resource bibliography to the educators
page. Also, if you have writings, reviews of resource/curriculum
materials, samples of classroom activities you've used on women's
issues, or reflections you'd like to add -- on this topic or any others
-- please send them. I'd like to add a section to the educator page
where these writings can available.

Also, if you'd like to join the mailing list, please go to:
http://www.litwomen.org/mailist.html

and this is a tickler....We are planning our first membership meeting
for March 2004 which will correspond to a mini-working conference at
which we will be announcing our first major writing/publishing project!

thanks.
Mev

WE LEARN
Women Expanding: Literacy Education Action Resource Network
www.litwomen.org/welearn.html

Mev Miller, Ed.D., Coordinator
182 Riverside Ave.
Cranston, RI 02910