[NIFL-HEALTH:4230] asthma patient education materials

From: Jeanne McGee (jmcgee@pacifier.com)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 14:14:09 EST

Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:14:09 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Jeanne McGee <jmcgee@pacifier.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4230] asthma patient education materials

Hello NIFL-Health,

I could use some help on a project to identify asthma patient education
materials that are easy for people with limited reading skills to
understand and use. Can you recommend any materials that you think are
especially effective in both writng and design?  I'm looking at the full
range of patient education topics for those with asthma, in both English
and other languages, and in any format. This includes materials for
particular types of patients (adults, children, older adults, newly
diagnosed, pregnant women, etc.) and materials designed for school
staff.

I am eager to hear any suggestions or stories you'd like to share. I'm
especially interested in hearing about the following: experiences with
materials that seemed promising but did not work well with patients;
topics for which you've had trouble finding suitable materials; and
projects that have revised existing materials.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jeanne McGee
McGee & Evers Consulting, Inc.
Vancouver, Washington