Printer Friendly

    How Do I Obtain Proof of my Citizenship so that I may Apply for a U.S. Passport with the Department of State?

    Q. I lost my Naturalization Certificate and I need to travel outside the U.S., how can I obtain proof of my citizenship so that I can apply for a U.S. passport with the Department of State?

    A. You should file a Form N-565 (Application for Replacement Naturalization Citizenship Document) to replace the lost certificate. You may also contact the Department of State for information on how to obtain a passport.

    Related Links

    Take Our Survey

    I found this information: