Lyris - Email Marketing Software
Current forum: brownfields |
You are: not logged in
EPA Issues New Petroleum Brownfields Action Plan   2008-10-14 12:27:15 <Doris Thompson>
EPA is issuing a new action plan to promote the cleanup and reuse of petroleum
brownfields.

The plan, Petroleum Brownfields Action Plan: Promoting Revitalization and
Sustainability, describes a series of specific actions, new tools, and expanded
partnership efforts the Agency will launch over the next three years. In the plan,
EPA identifies four strategic initiatives and activities to return abandoned
petroleum brownfields sites to productive use.

Those initiatives include:

- Boster communication and outreach to petroleum brownfields stakeholders
- Provide targeted support to state, tribal, and local governments
- Explore and evaluate policies to facilitate increased petroleum brownfields site
revitalization
- Forge partnerships to promote investment in and the sustainable reuse of
petroleum brownfields

The plan demonstrates EPA's commitment to cleaning up petroleum-contaminated
brownfields sites and fostering their reuse. EPA will work with a broad array of
stakeholders to implement the action plan and ensure the strategic initiatives are
carried out effectively.

For more information, visit the EPA Website at:
http://www.epa.gov/oust/rags/petrobfactionplan.pdf

Lyris - Email Marketing Software