This page will be regularly updated and expanded. If your question is not answered below, you may submit it here, or suggest questions you think may be useful to others.
Department of Commerce Bureaus and Agencies
What are the different divisions of the Department of Commerce, and what do they do? (links are to bureau "About Us" web pages)
- Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Economics and Statistics Administration (ESA)
- Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
- Census Bureau
- Economic Development Administration (EDA)
- International Trade Administration (ITA)
- Minority Business Development Administration (MBDA)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA)
- Patent and Trademark Office (PTO)
- Technology Administration (TA)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
What is the mission and organization of the Department of Commerce and its tasks?
Is the National Aquarium located in the Department of Commerce?
Are there Department of Commerce locations near where I live?
Gulf Coast Contracting
Where can I find information on Gulf Coast contracting opportunities? Does the Department of Commerce award contracts?
Minority Business Opportunities
Where can I find information on minority and small business development?
Economic Data and Statistics
Where can I find useful information about the social, political and economic organization of the United States?
U.S. Population Statistics
Where can I find information about the population of the United States and the individual states and territories?
Careers in Commerce
How do I prepare for a career in the Department of Commerce and what are the opportunities?
Faith-Based Community Initiatives
How does the Department of Commerce participate in President Bush's Faith-Based and Community Initiatives?
Where can I find information about national and international weather warnings, forecasts and observations?
- Last Updated:
- October 23, 2008
- Questions regarding this section may be directed to the Department of Commerce Webmaster