Electronic Reading Room
- Laws and Policies
- Final Opinions
- Department of Commerce Policy Statements
- Department of Commerce Administrative Staff Manuals
- Records and Forms
- Frequently Requested Records
- Major Information Systems
- Department of Commerce Selected Publications
- Department of Commerce Web Publication Schedule (link to the DOC Office of the Chief Information Officer Web site)
- Department Online Libraries
- Additional information on FOIA Web sites of Commerce Bureaus
Office of General Counsel - Use this Search page to locate final opinions online.
Privacy Act System of Records - The Privacy Act Issuances site will provide Department of Commerce systems of records. This service is provided by the U.S. Government Printing Office to assist individuals requesting information about their records.
Government Information Locator Service (GILS) - GILS records identify public information resources within the Federal Government, describe the information available in these resources, and assist in obtaining the information.
National Technical Information Service (NTIS)- NTIS is the central source for U.S. Government scientific, technical, and business information. It is known as the government's central source for the sale of scientific, technical, engineering, and related business information produced by or for the U.S. government and complementary material from international sources.
Stat-USA Internet - Stat-USA/Internet, a service of the U.S. Department of Commerce, is the site for the U.S. business, economic and trade community, providing authoritative information from the Federal government.
U.S. Superintendent of Documents - All documents at the U.S. Superintendent of Documents are shelved by government organization and not by subject matter. The documents include information about U.S. Government laws, regulations, statistics, maps, and bibliographies.
Federal Register - The Federal Register is the official daily publication for Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices of Federal agencies and organizations, as well as Executive Orders and other Presidential Documents.
Export America -- A federal source for your global business needs.
U.S. Industry & Trade Outlook -- Data and Analysis: Source: ITA
The Department of Commerce has a decentralized system for handling FOIA requests. Some Commerce components maintain their own electronic reading rooms or provide links to their records on their FOIA Web sites:
- Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Economic and Statistics Administration (ESA)
- Bureau of the Census
- Bureau of Economic Analysis - see Economics and Statistics Administration FOIA Web site
- Economic Development Administration
- International Trade Administration
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Technical Information Service (NTIS)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office