[NIFL-HEALTH:4810] NEWS from NCSALL

From: Maralit, Mary Jo (MMaralit@nifl.gov)
Date: Thu Sep 15 2005 - 17:20:40 EDT

Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:20:40 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Maralit, Mary Jo" <MMaralit@nifl.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4810] NEWS from NCSALL

*** Posted at the request of NCSALL ***

NCSALL has put a draft policy monograph, "An Evidence-based Adult Education
Program Model Appropriate For Research", on its website.  Building on
NCSALL's "Establishing an Evidence-based Adult Education System," this
draft monograph seeks to establish a way for researchers to choose programs
that offer an opportunity to employ the most appropriate research method
for identifying and evaluating effective interventions. We have posted this
draft to our Web site to invite researchers, practitioners, and other
stakeholders in adult education to contribute to the drafting process by
submitting comments. The draft is the result of over a  year's effort of
summarizing the existing literature in our field, but it is still a "raw"
product that needs the wisdom of practitioners and researchers in our
field.  The document is long, but it does have a summary and is laid out in
such a way that readers can easily find the parts they want to explore. So,
even if you can only put a little bit of time into this effort and comment
on only a part of the document, we urge you to do so.

To view this document and make comments, please go to www.ncsall.net for a
link to the document and an explanation of how to post comments.

John Comings, Director
National Center for the Study of Adult Learning and Literacy
Harvard Graduate School of Education
7 Appian Way
Cambridge MA 02138
(617) 496-0516, voice