[NIFL-ESL:10547] Information about AALPD

From: Lynda Terrill (lterrill@cal.org)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2004 - 10:24:57 EST

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:24:57 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Lynda Terrill" <lterrill@cal.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10547] Information about AALPD

Hello, listers,

Below is some information about the Association of Adult Literacy
Professional Developers from Jackie Taylor of the NIFL-AALPD discussion
list.

Lynda Terrill
lterrill@cal.org

***********
Colleagues:
Do you believe adult literacy professional development is important? If
yes, then now is the time to join or renew your membership with the
Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD) and vote
for this year's slate of officers:
http://www.aalpd.org/membership_form.cfm

Why should you join or renew your membership?

Renewing Membership:
As we grow and expand, we need updated information about our members in
order to advocate effectively for professional development and provide
members with the best possible services. So, we are asking everyone to
renew their memberships by registering as an AALPD member each year.
***Please take a moment to update your membership information and *vote*
for this year's slate of officers by visiting:
http://www.aalpd.org/membership_form.cfm

New Membership/Prospective Members:
If you are not yet a member, are you interested in:
- getting more involved with adult literacy professional development?
- contributing your voice along with other proponents of adult literacy
PD?
- taking part in establishing (in the eyes of policy makers) the
legitimacy of a national association of practitioners committed to adult
literacy professional development?

We invite you to become a formal member of the Association of Adult
Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD). Membership in AALPD is *free*
and open to adult educators interested or working in professional
development in adult literacy.
Individuals join AALPD by completing and submitting the Membership Form:
http://www.aalpd.org/membership_form.cfm

**Members Vote for Slate of Officers by December 5, 2004** On the
membership page, you can also VOTE for the current slate of nominated
AALPD officers (Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary-Treasurer).
http://www.aalpd.org/membership_form.cfm
Why should you become a member of AALPD?

* It's free!

* You can vote for AALPD officers and on special issues that arise (Only
AALPD members will be eligible to vote).

* We will send you the latest information about upcoming trainings,
events and resources.

* You can have input into the design of the COABE pre-conference session
next year (2005 in Anaheim).

* You can contribute your voice to our advocacy efforts.

* You can help to establish AALPD's legitimacy in the eyes of policy
makers by demonstrating a strong membership of concerned practitioners
committed to professional development.

Thank you for joining or renewing your membership with AALPD. We're glad
to have you on board!

On behalf of the AALPD Executive Board,

Jackie Taylor
List Moderator
NIFL-AALPD
jataylor@utk.edu
The Association of Adult Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD) is a
national group for professional developers in adult literacy. A special
interest group within COABE (Commission on Adult Basic Education), AALPD
meets at COABE Conferences and other professional development events.
AALPD is a member of the National Coalition for Literacy.