[NIFL-ESL:10074] Re: [adult ed ESL requirements

From: ttweeton@comcast.net
Date: Wed Mar 17 2004 - 07:36:40 EST

Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 07:36:40 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: ttweeton@comcast.net
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10074] Re: [adult ed ESL requirements

It does seem that the vast majority of ESL teachers in this country are

working part time with no benefits and very poor wages.

Sylvan you are right. Many of us still have to work this way.We are the poor-step-children of the dictrict because we have chosen to work with adults.We are paid hourly. It is the same hourly wage as regular ed teachers get but we don't have contracts so no benefits........That is why many have full time day jobs  in k-12 as well.
Tanya Tweeton
ESOL and GED
Fort Lauderdale,Florida