[NIFL-ESL:9841] RE: adapting to one-to-one

From: Lynne Weintraub (lynneweintraub@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2004 - 16:22:03 EST

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:22:03 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Lynne Weintraub" <lynneweintraub@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9841] RE: adapting to one-to-one

I coordinate a volunteer ESL tutoring program too, and I'd love to have a
source of user-friendly activities to offer my tutors. I have a few on my
website: http://joneslibrary.org/esl/current_tutors.html
It would be great if there were more out there that could be linked together
on-line. Does anybody else have links?

In terms of print materials, I can suggest: "English as a Second Language
Tutor Survival Kit," and "English as a Second Language
Tutor Survival Kit, More Great Ideas" (Evelyn Renner and Associates).
They're self-published by the author but you can order them through New
Readers Press (newreaderspress.org).