To provide a complete range of administrative services in support of
Department of Labor (DOL) programs, to develop and manage the DOL procurement
and grants management programs, and to provide a comprehensive program of
administration and management support services to BOC client organizations.
- Prescribes and publishes DOL procurement and grants policies, regulations, and procedures. Develops and maintains a
uniform approach to the determination of costs of federally aided programs and
approves the issuance of indirect costs involved in DOL contracts and
- Provides overall leadership, guidance, supervision, and coordination
of a variety of administrative and procurement programs designed to assure the
timely and cost-effective accomplishment of agency missions.
- Provides leadership, planning, and management to the automation of
the Department of Labor's (DOL) business activities.
- Develops policy and provides administrative support services to
program managers of the Department. Provides leadership to Regional
Administrators/OASAM in the development and control of programs designed to
deliver a wide range of administrative support services, general facility
support services, communications management, and supply and property management.
- Represents and acts for the Assistant Secretary for Administration
and Management on matters pertaining to administrative support services,
including the development and application of Department-wide policy guidance
systems, and procedures governing these areas.
- Serves as the primary coordination and control point for liaison
activities of the Department with the General Services Administration,
Government Printing Office, Office of Federal Procurement policy, and related
service organizations of the Federal Government.
- Represents the Department on interdepartmental committees dealing
with administrative and procurement matters and serves as liaison
representative of the Department with other Federal, State, and outside
agencies on pertinent matters.
- Provides Imprest Fund Services to all DOL agencies in Washington,
D.C. metropolitan area.
- Serves as the Administrative Officer for the Office of the Assistant
Secretary of Administration and Management (OASAM) and the Office of the
Secretary and its component organizations:
- Plans, directs, and coordinates administrative
and management programs to ensure that a comprehensive range of OASAM services,
supportive of the needs of BOC client organizations, is provided in a timely
and effective manner.
- Represents client organizations, in coordination
with the appropriate OASAM Directorate, in dealings on matters with other
Federal agencies such as the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the General
Accounting Office (GAO), and DOL's Office of the Inspector General
- Advises, guides, and assists client organizations
in complying with Federal and DOL policies, regulations, and procedures
pertaining to administrative and management matters.
- Directs and provides a full range of procurement
services to include the development, negotiation, execution, and administration
of contracts and small purchases.
- Enters into, makes determinations and decisions,
and takes other actions consistent with appropriate policies, regulations, and
procedures with respect to purchase contracts, state grants, leases, sales
agreements, and other transactions, except those required by law or regulation
to be made by other authority.
- Directs a financial management services program,
which includes budget services, payroll, voucher payments, and accounting
services. Maintains an effective liaison with the Chief Financial Officer and
coordinates activities of the OASAM Regional Financial Management