To plan, direct, and coordinate the provision of administrative and
management support services to the Department of Labor (DOL) organizational
elements throughout the Region; represent the Assistant Secretary for
Administration and Management (ASAM) in all administrative and management
programs, policies, and procedures region-wide; and, provide input to the ASAM
regarding the development implementation, and modification of OASAM policy and
- Maintains liaison with professional, administrative and management
organizations, and with Federal management groups. Establishes and maintains
cooperative relationships with other Government agencies and participates in
joint agency activities, such as the Federal Executive Board.
- Ensures that a comprehensive regional records management program is
in operation including maintenance, disclosure, and destruction of records in
accordance with Federal regulations.
- Provides day-to-day programs continuity and guidance on emergency
preparedness; develops and maintains an alerting system and an overall regional
emergency plan; and maintains liaison with Federal agencies involved in
- Plans, directs, and coordinates administrative and management
programs and activities throughout the region, ensuring that a comprehensive
range of personnel management services are timely and supportive of the needs
of the Regional DOL Agencies.
- Provides direction for a comprehensive Labor Management Relations
- Directs and provides leadership for the Regional DOL EEO program for
all DOL employees and applicants for employment in accordance with Title VII of
the 1964 Civil Rights Act and other Federal Acts and regulations.
- Provides direction in ensuring DOL agencies are provided required
automated data processing support, guidance, and technical assistance.
- Provides leadership and direction in the implementation and
administration of a region-wide EEO counseling program.
- Administration policy and furnishes leadership and guidance to
managers of the Department in the fields of budget-accounting services, and is
responsible for establishing and maintaining an adequate system of accounting
and financial management for all funds, property, and other assets of the
- Arranges for the development and maintenance of regional programs in
the audit, cost determination, investigation, and evaluation areas, and
provides a point of contact between these program areas and other Federal
agencies, state and local government organizations, related professional
groups, and the general public.
- Advises, guides, and assists regional officials in complying with
Federal and DOL regulations, standards, and procedures pertaining to
administrative and management matters.
- Represents the Department in dealings on these matters with the
Regional Offices of other Federal agencies, such as the Office of Personnel
Management (OPM), the Government Printing Office (GPO), the General Services
Administration (GSA), the General Accounting Office (GAO), and the Treasury.