[NIFL-ESL:9611] Re: Fw: [PartTime] article from The Chronicle

From: ttweeton@comcast.net
Date: Fri Nov 07 2003 - 08:49:53 EST

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 08:49:53 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: ttweeton@comcast.net
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9611] Re: Fw: [PartTime] article from The Chronicle

Dear Susen and All,
May I remind you all that most of us work part time for a reason... to supplement our incomes.
Of course we all know that poor immigrants are unable to pay for classes. Because we need the part time work, because we are more than willing to put in extra effort and time and because our immigrants are poor and cannot pay their fair share, cannot be a licence for ANYONE to treat us so poorly. Yes, ours IS a "Labour of Love". We do more than what is expected all the time. This should not give anyone the right to take advantage  that we are willing to give so much . It is a slap in the face of our willingness to be very decent and caring human beings.
We all know that life is certainly not always fair, however, if you reread  all the disgusting treatment many of us have received over the years AND CONTINUE TO RECEIVE, it should be quite obvious that there is simply NO DEFENSE for this inexcusably poor treatment.

Tanya Tweeton
Adult ESOL( full time-part timer)