[NIFL-ESL:9535] Seeking advice on a consultant

From: kate.diggins (kate.diggins@slc.k12.ut.us)
Date: Mon Oct 06 2003 - 16:59:46 EDT

Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 16:59:46 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "kate.diggins" <kate.diggins@slc.k12.ut.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9535] Seeking advice on a consultant

I work with a small non-profit agency in Salt Lake City,
Utah.  We teach ESL to low-income, educationally disadvantaged adult
immigrants.

We are about to begin a capital campaign feasibility study.  We need to
determine whether we would be well advised at this point in time to embark
upon a capital campaign to build a new school and increase our services.

As part of the feasibility study, we would like to engage a consultant who
could visit our program and assist us in making some decisions about our
future.  We seek to answer questions such as, "Are we using the best teaching
practices possible, or could we augment what we do with some different
methods?"; "Are we administering the program as efficiently as
possible?";  "If given the opportunity to expand, how would we implement a
long-term plan?"

I thought that someone on this list may have a contact to recommend.  Are you
familiar with any parties who do such consultations on a regular basis?  I
would appreciate VERY MUCH any guidance and / or names of educational
consultants you could send my way.

Many Thanks!
Kate Diggins