[NIFL-ESL:9472] Reading Rockets Teleconference- Oct. 15

From: Ken Taber (kentaber@inetgenesis.com)
Date: Wed Sep 10 2003 - 18:32:09 EDT

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:32:09 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ken Taber" <kentaber@inetgenesis.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9472] Reading Rockets Teleconference- Oct. 15

This is a cross posting especially for those that will be in the DC area on
October 15.
RSVP by Tuesday, September 30.

Hello,

Would you like to know what makes an effective reading
program from internationally renowned reading experts?
Would you like to be a member of our live studio audience?

Here's your chance! You're invited to be part of the
studio audience for a Reading Rockets teleconference
called "Establishing an Effective Reading Program"
on October 15, 2003.

Our host Delia Pompa will moderate an engaging and
informative discussion with panelists Dr. G. Reid Lyon,
Dr. Timothy Shanahan, and Dr. Charlotte Parker. Then
we'll take questions from members in the studio and
satellite audience.

If you'll be in the Washington, D.C. area on October
15 and would like to join us in the WETA/Channel 26
studio for the show, please contact Erika Robinson
at info@readingrockets.org or 703-998-2088 by Tuesday,
September 30, to reserve your seat. In your message,
please include:

* your first and last name
* a telephone number where you can be reached to confirm
your attendance
* any questions you may want to ask the experts

There is limited space available, so contact us soon
to reserve your seat or to submit a question for the
panelists.

Here are some details about participating:

* Please arrive at the WETA administrative building
by 11:15 am. The WETA administrative building is at
2775 S. Quincy Street, in Arlington, Virginia. There
is ample free parking in the WETA garage. For driving
directions, visit http://www.readingrockets.org/directions.php .

* At 11:30 am, a shuttle will take you to the WETA
studio building. Because parking at the studio building
is very scarce, we ask that you please join us at the
administrative building and ride the shuttle to the
studio.

* At 11:45 am, the doors to the studio will close.
We apologize, but due to the intricacies of producing
a live program, we will not be able to seat you if
you are late.

* The program begins at 12:00 noon. We expect to finish
shortly after 1:30 pm, at which point the shuttle will
take you back to the WETA administrative building.

For more information about the three-part 2003-2004
teleconference series (called "Achieving Success in
Reading") and the October 15 show, please visit:
http://www.readingrockets.org/teleconference

We look forward to hearing from you!

Sincerely,

Keisha Dyson
Associate Producer

Visit the web address below to tell your friends about
this show.

http://pbsmail.org/join-forward.html?domain=weta_learning&r=w11xwGM1nPJZ

If you received this message from a friend, you can
sign up for Reading Rockets at:

http://pbsmail.org/weta_learning/join.html?r=w11xwGM1nPJZE