[NIFL-ESL:9408] Re: Accept English Only donation?

From: AndresMuro@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 04 2003 - 17:52:04 EDT

Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:52:04 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: AndresMuro@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9408] Re: Accept English Only donation?

We all get aggraviated for different reasons. Some people get mad because others don't speak English. I, really don't care what people speak. I get mad about other things. For example, in El Paso Texas, 26,000 children were cut off health insurance. This is significant, since this is the state of GW, the "No Child Left Behind" person. I also get mad when the CEO's of MCI or Enron steal gazillions of dollars of tax payers money for personal profit when the have enough already to buy a country. This bother's me significantly when people bad-mouth welfare mothers and accuse them of all kinds of horrible things, but they forget about the CEO's who steal more money than anyone can conceive of. I get upset when we invade a country and English speaking voters support the invasion for the wrong reasons.

Recently, the wealthiest got a big tax cut and the rest of us got tax increases. these wealthiest are the owners of the farms, food processing plants, canneries, etc that employ all the migrants, many of them undocumented, to save big bucks. They were suppossed to get a tax break to create more jobs with better employment conditions. Do you think that they are going to do that?? Ha!!!

So, you see, these are some of the things that chap my butt. Do I care what people speak, read or write? Not really. I'd rather people understood what they were reading, regardless of the language.

Andres

--
go here: www.geocities.com/andresmuro/art.html