[NIFL-ESL:9302] Re: Accept English Only donation?

From: Sylvan Rainwater (sylvan@cccchs.org)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 18:43:53 EDT

Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:43:53 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Sylvan Rainwater" <sylvan@cccchs.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9302] Re: Accept English Only donation?

This is just insulting. There is very little that is clear and factual about
any of this – if you think that financial statements and mission statements
will give you the whole truth of an organization, you are naïve. Granted,
you can learn a lot about an organization, and I think it is a useful thing
for students (and others) to do. But all of that may still not get you
what’s behind an organization.

And are you implying that conservative, right-wing rants are somehow more
clear and factual than liberal rants?

-------
Sylvan Rainwater  mailto:sylvan@cccchs.org
Program Managaer Family Literacy
Clackamas Co. Children's Commission /  Head Start
Oregon City, OR  USA