[NIFL-ESL:8605] RE: Re: Impending Attack on Iraq

From: John Kamplain (john_kamplain@albanyparkcommunitycenter.org)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 20:52:50 EST

From: "John Kamplain" <john_kamplain@albanyparkcommunitycenter.org>
To: <nifl-esl@nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8605] RE: Re: Impending Attack on Iraq
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 19:52:50 -0600

I find your views interesting, but I'm hoping that you can expand on your
theory of how this is a comparison to McArthyism. I think Bush's plans are
more strategic than for the court of public opinion. I think he realizes
that if he backed down and claimed it was because of the anti-war movement,
said anti-war movement would still fail to embrace him and he would have
lost his pro-military response group in the process.

Again, I don't mind debate on this topic, but I believe a listserv about ESL
teaching techniques is not the appropriate forum. Ironically, I've found
myself responding more to these war posts than most of the actual ESL posts
as of late. This is obviously a hot topic.