[NIFL-ESL:8590] RE: War as a cross-cultural issue

From: Rebecca Davis (karad00@tamuk.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 13:47:26 EST

Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 12:47:26 -0600
Sender: Rebecca Davis <karad00@tamuk.edu>
From: Rebecca Davis <karad00@tamuk.edu>
To: nifl-esl@nifl.gov
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8590] RE: War as a cross-cultural issue

Maybe you should remind your students that the Japanese attached us on
December 2, 1941.  My father-in-law was a Japanese prisoner of war.  During
his four years in Japan he was starved, beaten and given no medical treatment.

How about the Japanese attachs in China.  The rape of Nan King?  It appears to
me that your students need to learn more about their own history.