[NIFL-ESL:9080] Re: "I have a dream" speech

From: Edward Holden (edholden@rconnect.com)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 18:41:48 EDT

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 18:41:48 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Edward Holden" <edholden@rconnect.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9080] Re: "I have a dream" speech

Concerning Abdolah Khademi's request for King's speech audio (I have a
dream...), I found this website when I went to Google and typed in
    king "I have a dream" mp3

http://teacherlink.ed.usu.edu/tlresources/reference/ihaveadream.html

It has the text of the speech and a spot to click to download the
speech,  The download would have taken about 20 minutes on my computer
so I didn't continue.

The "usu.edu" in the URL is Utah State University and the web page has
the following statement granting permission to use the data found there:

"Used here with permission from Dan Oetting, Editor - Douglass: Archives
of American Public Address: An archive of American oratory and related
texts, it includes famous speeches and writings from such figures as
antislavery firebrand Frederick Douglass and turn-of-the-century
progressive Jane Addams. Visitors may search the archive by time period,
speaker, or issue. The site also features links for current debates in
American history and links to resources for students and scholars.
Distribution statement: Accepted as part of the Douglass Archives of
American Public Address (http://douglass.speech.nwu.edu) on May 26,
1999. Prepared by D. Oetting (http://nonce.com/oetting).

Permission is hereby granted to download, reprint, and/or otherwise
redistribute this file, provided this distribution statement is included
and appropriate point of origin credit is given to the preparer and
Douglass."