[NIFL-ESL:8744] RE: NIFL's Policy

From: WonJst@netscape.net
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 23:56:03 EST

Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 23:56:03 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: WonJst@netscape.net
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8744] RE: NIFL's Policy

"Miriam Burt" <miriam@cal.org> wrote:

>And I do not wish to see messages on this list serve (or in my own mailbox either for that matter) where folks call other folks crybabies and attack them personally for their views. It's not and issue of censorship: it's of keeping someone from yelling fire in a crowded theatre when there's no fire.<<

Is your sense of proportion a bit skewed here? Are your priorities straight, given all that is going on in the world right now?

I ask that you moderate and lead discussions and stop censoring the list. It's that simple. Also, you might all be a bit more honest about what happened instead of dumping on one person who became upset (he didn't use words like 'asinine' or 'troublemaker', two others did). The individual became upset at the whining, upset at the dishonesty, and upset about the censorship. At least that is what he said in a post offlist.

SJW