[NIFL-ESL:8683] Re: Writing in books

From: Ken Todd (kentodd@UDel.Edu)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 23:30:41 EST

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 23:30:41 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Ken Todd <kentodd@UDel.Edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8683] Re: Writing in books

	Just on the mechanical level laser printing is the cheapest mass
reproduction, cheaper than copying, cheaper by far than inkjet.
	Since I have only taught part-time and not had control over the
materials, I tend to view texts as a surmountable obstacle to teaching
and to design lots and lots of my own handouts. Although I consider it
grossly unfair for teachers to have to provide materials at their own
expense, with my own laser printer I could affordably produce a volume
of materials that would easily bust a copying budget.