[NIFL-ESL:8537] Re: Esl/Esol

From: Ken and Lisa Taber (kentaber@inetgenesis.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 21:43:02 EST

Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:43:02 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ken and Lisa Taber" <kentaber@inetgenesis.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8537] Re: Esl/Esol

What teachers call themselves requires a second language of acronyms. There
is no one correct way but I would agree that the term ESOL is becoming the
most common and LEP is the most common name to refer to the students we
teach. But whether you call yourself an ELL, or ESL, or ESOL teacher -the
most important thing is that you call yourself a teacher.