[NIFL-ESL:8487] Re: ESL / Family Literacy PBS resources

From: Fran Keenan (fkeenan@pbs.org)
Date: Wed Jan 22 2003 - 17:01:18 EST

Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:01:18 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Fran Keenan <fkeenan@pbs.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8487] Re: ESL / Family Literacy PBS resources

From: nifl-esl@nifl.gov [mailto:nifl-esl@nifl.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 2:46 PM
To: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8482] Re: ESL / Family Literacy

At 11:53 AM 01/16/2003 -0500, Barb Linek wrote:

>>Any suggestions on parenting materials to use during ESL class with
>>Spanish-speaking migrants in our Even Start family literacy program?

Although you may not have ready access to computers for your Even Start
learners, you may wish to know about the PBS Parents website.

http://www.pbs.org/parents/

It has some parenting material in Spanish and links to material
throughout the PBS website in Spanish. Here is the link to a list of
materials in Spanish:

http://www.pbs.org/parents/quickstart/spanish/

You can also contact your local PBS station and ask for the Ready to
Learn coordinator to find out about PBS Para La Familia (PBS Families)
-- a twice yearly guide to using television as a learning tool
(available in Spanish and English editions).

You can find your local PBS station by going to
http://www.pbs.org/stationfinder/localize092002.html?confirm=http://www.
pbs.org/

Fran Keenan
PBS Adult Learning Service