[NIFL-ESL:8473] CASAE conference

From: Ujwala Samant (usamant@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 07:42:11 EST

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 07:42:11 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Ujwala Samant <usamant@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8473] CASAE conference

2nd Annual Western CASAE Regional Conference April 25 - 27th, 2003
University of British Columbia

Call for Papers

A Celebration of Spring
Comrades, friends, sisters and brothers of the West (North, South and
East), we welcome you to a gathering of cherry blossoms, of new life, of
renewal. These times of restructuring, retrenchment and retooling of adult
education call for a renewal of hope, purpose and spirit. Tell us your
tales of education, of community, creativity and collaboration. Share your
thoughts and songs of life, share your research, your teaching and
learning. Come to inform, debate, celebrate and collaborate. Come to learn
and have fun.

We welcome 50 minute paper, roundtable (our tables are square, but we'll
try anyway), panel, video, posters, dramatic, musical, group and other
creative forms of participation.

However you choose to participate, please send us:
- a one-page, typed summary (about 500 words, no more, no less) of your
intentions in good academic form. Include a title and what form your
presentation will take. Give us some sense of what you will talk about or
do, and a couple of key words to identify your topic.
- On a separate page, please list the title of your presentation, the names
of all presenters, your affiliations, and your full contact information
(address, email, telephone, fax)
- Please include a 50 word summary to put in our conference program.
Please send your submissions by email attachment (in MS Word or PDF format)
to:
        Jeannie Young, Adult Education Secretary, jeannie.young@ubc.ca

The final date for submissions is: February 1, 2003

We will let submitters know the results of our review by late February.

Information on registration, conference site, events and activities will be
available in January 2003.

Shauna Butterwick, Assistant Professor, Adult Education Program
Department of Educational Studies, UBC
2125 Main Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4
PH: (604)822-3897 FAX: (604)822-4244

Larry Olds