[NIFL-WOMENLIT:884] RE: Literacy at the GOP convention

From: Tommy B. McDonell (tbr202@is.nyu.edu)
Date: Tue Aug 01 2000 - 13:43:44 EDT

Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:43:44 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Tommy B. McDonell" <tbr202@is.nyu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:884] RE: Literacy at the GOP convention

Although I am a Democrat, I would prefer to not have any literacy or
educational organization that is nonprofit present at either
convention--unless they presented at both with the same information. I
don't,however, know anything about NCFL. Some organizations do both
nonprofit and political work. For example, the National Organization has
the Service Fund which is nonprofit and doesn't do any political work.

I find that education and politics gets smuched (such a good English
word)together during every political race, but that this is especially
true during this campaign, although I am not sure why.

Has anyone here actually gone to the NCFL's website to see if they are
talking about this? Do they have a listserv?

Sincerely, Tommy McDonell

--
Tommy B. McDonell
Executive Director and Co-Founder