[NIFL-WOMENLIT:702] Women and workplace literacy

From: Daphne Greenberg (ALCDGG@langate.gsu.edu)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 12:24:55 EDT

Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 12:24:55 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Daphne Greenberg" <ALCDGG@langate.gsu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:702] Women and workplace literacy

In a women and literacy discussion at the International Reading Conference, someone mentioned that they have heard that women often do not get selected for workplace literacy programs.  Others in the audience stated that this is often the case with general workplace skills courses.
Does anyone on this listserv have either anecdotal, personal, or knowledge of articles about this phenomena?
By the way, I have had conversations with our two potential co-facilitators of a discussion on female adult learners and leadership.  I will update you as soon as I have a commitment and date from them.
Daphne

Daphne Greenberg
Center for the Study of Adult Literacy
Georgia State University