[NIFL-WOMENLIT:1063] Re: October Forbes Article re: "The

From: Janet Isserlis (Janet_Isserlis@Brown.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 17 2000 - 14:53:38 EDT

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 14:53:38 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Janet Isserlis <Janet_Isserlis@Brown.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:1063] Re: October Forbes Article re: "The

Daphne and all

I'm not sure if the response we might generate would necessarily have
any effect on folks who read Forbes (and yes, I'm likely making some
ungrounded assumptions about who those readers might be); however,
one question many of us grapple with all the time is how DO we speak
in ways that Forbes readers and others of their ilk might attend to
what we're saying at all?  How do we convince folks who make the
kinds of statements that are made in the article and/or who read and
believe them?