[NIFL-WOMENLIT:1031] Thank you

From: Daphne Greenberg (alcdgg@langate.gsu.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 30 2000 - 16:48:47 EDT

Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:48:47 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Daphne Greenberg" <alcdgg@langate.gsu.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:1031] Thank you

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Jenny for facilitating two weeks of interesting, inspiring, and thought provoking discussion on a very important issue.  By bringing violence, trauma, and abuse out into the open, Jenny has helped all of us come closer to ending the silence that surrounds the awful experiences that too many of us have had to endure, and continue to endure.  Ending silence is one of the many steps that need to be taken before we can see a decrease in incidents of violence.  In addition, by recognizing that many of our learners are "too scared to learn", we can understand some of the obstacles that they experience when trying to learn, instead of claiming that they are "lazy, noncompliant, resistant," etc.
Although, Jenny will no longer be facilitating this discussion, we can all feel free to continue posting messages on this topic for as long as we wish.
Daphne