[NIFL-WOMENLIT:1008] Re: Questions

From: AWilder106@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 08:50:19 EDT

Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:50:19 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: AWilder106@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:1008] Re: Questions

Daphne,

In lieu of therapists, teachers must use each other.  A "learning community"
would be the goal.  When I taught kids I had the support of other teachers,
not just because they were decent people but because they knew that they
would get the kids the following years!  Problems get passed on.  A
counselor/friend said to me once, "If you don't solve a problem now it will
always recur."  Sounds good or bad depending on your point of view.  The
glass-is-half-full point of view says,  "That means I'll get another chance."
 It helps the whole community when teachers are a safety net;  again, a good
model for the students, I think.

Andrea