[NIFL-WOMENLIT:714] 2000 Reasons To Read

From: Behroozi, Jaleh (Jaleh_Behroozi@nifl.gov)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 11:57:00 EDT

Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 11:57:00 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Behroozi, Jaleh" <Jaleh_Behroozi@nifl.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-womenlit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-WOMENLIT:714] 2000 Reasons To Read

From: Marsha Tait (mtait@literacyvolunteers.org)

What is your favorite reason to read?

I am proud to announce the launch of LVA's 2000 Reasons To Read campaign!

We invite you to submit your favorite reason to read for posting to the LVA
Web site. This reason along with celebrity entries will be featured
prominently on the opening page of the 2000 Reasons website. Individuals
across the US have been invited to submit their favorite reasons to read
on-line. The reasons submitted from May 1 - September 30, 2000 will be
posted on an electronic bulletin board accessible from the site, and
entered into a lottery. Three names will be pulled at our national
conference in Kansas City, MO on October 7, 2000 and the winners will be
notified by mail.

To submit a reason, visit LVA's web site at www.literacyvolunteers.org and
click on the 2000 Reasons banner on the home page.

I hope that you will join us in this unique endeavor to raise public
awareness about literacy by submitting your favorite reason to read. We
will feature your personal reason prominently as soon as we receive it!

Thank you for participating!

Marsha L. Tait
President
Literacy Volunteers of America, Inc.