[NIFL-POVRACELIT:580] New materials available

From: gdemetrion (gdemetrion@msn.com)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 08:44:37 EDT

Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 08:44:37 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-povracelit@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "gdemetrion" <gdemetrion@msn.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-povracelit@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-POVRACELIT:580] New materials available

Colleagues:

Literacy Volunteers of Greater Hartford has recently completed its four
volume Life Application Curriculum Sourcebooks. It's been a long journey. A
lot of feeling oneself through along the way, though driven by a search for
directly usable, interesting (I hope), and varied materials (not as varied
as I would have liked at the very lowest ends).

The latest volume is an adaptation of portions of the Affective Skills
Curriculum developed through the Northwest Regional Center, Seattle, WA.
Our thanks to Terry Inzerello for allowing us to work with those materials.
The sourcebooks can be downloaded for free
at:   http://www.crec.org/atdn/teacher_resources/lvalifeapp.shtml

Also, the literacytent has recently posted several new  basic literacy
student interviews that were done in the mid 90s--though still timely.  This
summer we used some of the interviews in our advanced literacy group, which
students enjoyed interacting with.  Additional interviews will follow and
the site hosts some in-depth tutor interviews as well. The literacytent,
developed by Steve Lindberg, can be accessed at:  http://literacytent.org/

The (a-hem) vacationing George Demetrion.