[NIFL-FAMILY:3305] Re: family literacy course

From: DonMcCabe@aol.com
Date: Sat Dec 23 2000 - 19:38:48 EST

Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 19:38:48 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: DonMcCabe@aol.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:3305] Re: family literacy course

In a message dated 12/23/00 11:37:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, cmogh@siu.edu
writes:

<< I am currently developing a family literacy course as well as a family
 literacy "strand" for an Early Childhood graduate program and am interested
 in other universities who have already done so. I would be interested in
 reviewing syllabi, assignments, resources, etc. that are currently being
 used at the undergraduate and/or graduate level. Is there a way of getting
 me in touch with others who are offering family literacy courses? Thanks.  >>

If you visit the AVKO Dyslexia Research Foundation's website, you will find a
number of resources including free lesson plans for an adult community
education course for parents who want to learn how to tutor either one of
their children or their spouse.

Don McCabe, Research Director
AVKO Dyslexia Research Foundation
3084 W. Willard Road, Suite W