[NIFL-FAMILY:3266] Student speakers for the ...

From: Bonnie Freeman (bfreeman@famlit.org)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 15:38:41 EST

Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 15:38:41 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Bonnie Freeman" <bfreeman@famlit.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:3266] Student speakers for the ...

National Conference on Family Literacy March 18 - 20, Dallas, TX

It is time to begin reviewing profiles of student speakers for the
conference.  If you have adult students in four component family literacy
programs that have completed their academic goals and are working or in
college/vocational/ technical schools, please submit their profiles to me.
Please use my email address, do not send them to me using the listserv.

It is important that the adult student be comfortable speaking to large
groups, therefore please indicate their experience giving group
presentations.

Once chosen, the student will be asked to provide a speech detailing their
experiences within a family literacy program and how those experiences
influenced their lives.

In addition, the student speakers will be given an  all expense paid trip to
Dallas (conference city) to share their story.

The student speakers will be named before Christmas, so get those
nominations in to me ASAP.

As always,
with families in mind,

Bonnie Lash Freeman
Director - Training/Special Projects
Co-Director - Head Start Family Literacy Project
National Center for Family Literacy
324 W. Main Street Ste. 200
Louisville, KY 40202
bfreeman@famlit.org