[NIFL-FAMILY:3128] View September 7 Summit Event Live!

From: Behroozi, Jaleh (Jaleh_Behroozi@nifl.gov)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 18:36:20 EDT

Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 18:36:20 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Behroozi, Jaleh" <Jaleh_Behroozi@nifl.gov>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:3128] View September 7 Summit Event Live!

The first phase of the National Literacy Summit 2000 is coming to a close.
Over the past year, hundreds of individuals and organizations from across
the country have contributed to creating the Summit's consensus document,
>From the Margins to the Mainstream:  An Action Agenda for Literacy.

On September 7, the National Coalition for Literacy will release the
document at an event on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC.  Coalition members,
lawmakers, and other partners will participate in the launch and panel
discussion.  Visit the National Institute for Literacy website, www.nifl.gov
<http://www.nifl.gov>  for all the details of the event.

You'll also be able to view the event live via webcast from the Institute's
website beginning at 12:15 p.m. EST on the 7th.  You can join the webcast at
any point or watch it later, since it will be archived and available for at
least a month  We hope that many of you will bring together your colleagues,
students, and community members to watch the event and discuss how you might
use the action agenda in your work.

>From the Margins to the Mainstream:  An Action Agenda for Literacy will be
available online September 7 on the Coalition website,
www.nifl.gov/coalition/nclhome.html
<http://www.nifl.gov/coalition/nclhome.html> , or by calling the NIFL
hotline at 1-800-228-8813.

Plans for the second phase of the National Literacy Summit 2000 process -
implementing the Action Agenda - are already underway.  The Coalition has
agreed to take over the job of publicizing the Summit process and working
with the literacy field and its stakeholders to carry out our ambitious
agenda.  You will be hearing more about these activities in the near future.

Thanks to everyone who contributed so generously to the Summit process thus
far.  We are eager to continue working with you to make our vision a reality

Andy Hartman
Director, NIFL
For the National Literacy