[NIFL-FAMILY:2857] Re: Adult Education Name Survey Update

From: David J Rosen (DJRosen@world.std.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 12:30:17 EDT

Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:30:17 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov
From: David J Rosen <DJRosen@world.std.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-family@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FAMILY:2857] Re: Adult Education Name Survey Update

Sylvan,

The name "system" does imply a system, and many people would agree with
you that we don't have one in adult education.  Tom Sticht's point, I
think, was that we should have one, we should build one, and as part of
this that we need to come up with a name which our field can agree on. So,
yes, I -- and many others -- have a goal for our field: to build a
national adult education (literacy, basic education, secondary education,
ESL/ESOL) system, one that has teachers, administrators and other staff,
resources, standards, organization, staff and program development and
assessment and evaluation to provide adult learners and their families
with high quality services that enable them to attain their education
goals.

David J. Rosen